Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ouachita Challenge 2010

Last weekend, I hit the road heading from St. Louis to Oden, Arkansas for the Ouachita Challenge to race my new Superfly single speed. This is a 60 mile course offering a tour on Saturday and race on Sunday. There are 275 slots for each day and both always sell out within 1 day.
Let me tell you, these folks do a great job putting on the tour/race. Everyone is friendly, there are plenty of volunteers for the race, great food at the aid stations (I saw but, didn’t want to stop), breakfast and dinner before and after the tour/race, and great schwag to include 2 bike frames (1 was Niner frame).
The course was tough and had cut off times this year. There was about 6400 ft of elevation gain, some awesome single track on the Ouachita and Womble trails, and some gravel roads. This course offers spectacular views of valleys, rivers, and lakes on top of Brushy Creek Mountain and Blowout Mountain. I loved the way my Superfly SS handled the trails, cornering, and climbs. I am in love with this bike!

Be sure to put this race on your calendar for next year! http://www.ouachitachallenge.com/

Next, heading back down to Arkansas this weekend for 24 hours of Syllamo and Syllamo’s Revenge in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment