Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lumberjack 100

Mitch, Todd, Dwayne, and I headed up to Manistee, Michigan for their Lumberjack 100 mile mountain bike race. This race sells out and there were 350 racers. There was no single speed category for the women, only men! I decided to try out my new 1x9 Superfly hardtail. I have been racing single speed for so long that I forgot how to shift!

The course consisted of three 33 mile loops . There were rolling hills, some short steep climbs, some double track, and small amt of fire road. There wasn't really any technical parts of the loop. There were a lot of women who just hammered the course. I need technical climbs to keep me fired up!
I think the hardest part of the race was seeing the 2 lead men finishing their 3rd 33 mile loop heading in to finish and I was heading out for my 3rd loop. Wow! I think the leading male won it in 6hrs 33 min. That is hauling!! My time was 11hrs 40min finishing 18th in women's. I wasn't too happy with my time but, was told that many don't finish it their first time. Todd finished top 99 out of over 200 men, Mitch top 40, and Dwayne 13th in single speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment